Monday, May 6, 2013

30 Before 30 Catch Up - Part 1

I've been making a ton of progress on my 30 Before 30 list over the past few months so I wanted to take some time to share what I've done with you! However, there was too much to put in just one post, so here's the first couple!

23. Learn to curl my hair
Going all the way back to Dec/Jan, I decided to tackle this one on New Years Eve. Don't ask me what inspired this decision, considering NYE is my favorite (non-family based) holiday and I didn't leave myself enough time to try something else should my attempt fail, but luckily I'm going to call the results a success. My years of dousing my hair with as much Keratin as possible, as well as me having enough hair on my head to easily make 3-4 wigs, made this a bit of a difficult task, but using the techniques my sister taught me a few years ago, I wound my hair into some tight ringlets...which promptly fell to loose waves within 2 hours. Regardless, I was proud of myself for spending the 2+ hours it took to put it together (no, thats not a joke!) and happy with how it turned out. Not sure when I'll find the time or determination to try it again, but I had some compliments so maybe soon!

On the left you can see the tighter curls (this was pre-make up stage people!) and on the right, the finished look, with the much looser curls.

28. See a Broadway show.
Alas, it is doubtful that I will actually make it to New York before I turn 30, so when I found out Wicked was coming through town and my friend wanted to see it for her birthday, I jumped at the chance! I read the book years ago, so I can't accurately state how similar it was to the book (though I'm pretty confident in stating it was just a loose interpretation) but I absolutely loved it! If I'm ever given options to see a live show, I'm indubitably going to ask to see Phantom over, and over...and over again, so it was nice to see something fresh, and not have expectations, but still be vaguely familiar with at least some of the music (thank you Glee!). I definitely recommend this show if anyone ever has a chance to go see it!




I accomplished 3 more tasks out in California, but I figured those deserved their own post! (Largely because the amount of pictures I'm likely to include) But I'm also making progress on other items I haven't finished yet: I have someone lined up to teach me to change a tire. I bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, I just need to commit to an official starting day. My sister is going to take me ziplining next time I'm home. I finished the third book in the Game of Thrones series. And I've bought my ticket to my 10 Year Reunion which is taking place next month! It's exciting to see all these checkmarks starting to appear on my list!

Love,
KayCee

1 comment: